(Not signed in)
[97725 views]
Share |
Not rated yet
Jenn Strawbridge
Jenn Strawbridge
Jenn Strawbridge
About me:
I am Associate Professor of New Testament Studies at Oxford and G.B. Caird Fellow in Theology at Mansfield College. I teach courses in Biblical Studies, as well as Patristics and Early Christianity.

My academic interests are in the areas of: Pauline Epistles; Patristic reception of the NT; History of Interpretation; Papyrological and epigraphic sources and the NT. My interest in the area of reception history/history of interpretation is especially piqued by the work of the Relics Cluster.

Recent publications include:

2016. ‘A School of Paul? Pauline Texts in Early Christian Schooltext Papyri.’ in Matthew Hauge and Andrew Pitts (eds.) Ancient Education and Early Christianity (LNTS; New York: T&T Clark).

2015. The Pauline Effect: The use of the Pauline Epistles by early Christian Writers (Berlin: De Gruyter).

2015. ‘The Songs we used to Sing: Hymn “Traditions” and Reception in Pauline Letters’ with Benjamin Edsall in Journal for the Study of the New Testament, Vol 37 (3), 290-311.

2015. ‘Mark 6.30-44’ and ‘Mark 6.45-56’ in Marek Zabriskie (ed.) A Journey with Mark (Cincinnati: Forward Movement Press).

2013. ‘A Community of Interpretation: The Use of 1 Corinthians 2.6-16 by early Christians’ in Studia Patristica, LXIII (Leuven: Peeters Press), 69-80.

2011. ‘How present is Romans in early Christian School Exercises: Is P.Lond.Lit 207 mislabelled?’ in Oxford Research Archive for The Present Moment.

2009. ‘The Word of the Cross: Mission, Power and the Theology of Leadership’ in Anglican Theological Review, 91.1 (Winter), 61-79.