(Not signed in)
[94727 views]
Share |
Not rated yet
Averil Cameron
Averil Cameron
Averil Cameron
About me:
I am a historian of late antiquity and Byzantium and Honorary Fellow at Keble College. My main field of research is the history of late antiquity and Byzantium. This includes an interest in church history and intellectual history. My latest books are Dialoguing in Late Antiquity (Center for Hellenic Studies, Washington, DC, 2014) and Byzantine Matters (Princeton University Press, 2014).

I taught at King's College London before coming to Keble as Warden in 1994 (I retired in 2010) and am a Fellow of the British Academy and the Society of Antiquaries. I am also President of the Council for British Archaeology in the Levant (CBRL).You can also find me on academia.edu.

Recent Publications:

Byzantine Matters (Princeton University Press, 2014)

Dialoguing in Late Antiquity (Center for Hellenic Studies, Washington, DC, 2014)

Late Antiquity on the Eve of Islam, ed.( Ashgate, 2013)

'The cost of orthodoxy' in Dutch Annual Lectures in Patristics 2 (2012)

'Mount Athos and the Byzantine world' in Mount Athos: Microcosm of the Christian East , ed. G. Speake and K. Ware (Peter Lang, 2012)

'Doctrine and Debate in the East Christian World, 300-1500' ed. with R. Hoyland, in The Worlds of Eastern Christianity 300-1500, ed. R. Hoyland and A. Papaconstantinou (Ashgate, 2011)