(Not signed in)
[94727 views]
Share |
Not rated yet
Richard Wilson
Richard Wilson
Richard Wilson
About me:
I originally received the BA degree in Physics from the St. John's College, University of Oxford in 1992, before moving into Computer Science. In 1996 I received a PhD degree from the University of York for work on graph matching.

I held an EPSRC Advanced Research Fellowship from 1998-2003 for taking up a lecturing position at York. I am now a Professor in the Computer Science department at York.

My research interests are wide-reaching but mainly involve the areas of computer vision and pattern recognition, particularly problems involving graphs and networks. I have worked on Bayesian methods for graph matching and the development of spectral techniques for structural pattern recognition, developing new feature sets for describing graphs and networks. I have also published research in the fields of quantum computing, shape-from-shading, speech recognition and protein matching.

My current interests involve trying to obtain a better quantitive understanding of complex networks. I am working on ways to measure the complexity of directed and undirected networks, and how to characterise large networks in an efficient way using walks and cycles. I am also interested in statistical models of network classes which can be learnt from data.

More details of my research are available at my homepage, via the web address below.
Telephone:
01904 325576