(Not signed in)
[91403 views]
Share |
Not rated yet
Co-Pierre Georg
Co-Pierre Georg
Co-Pierre Georg
About me:
I am a Collaborating Research Scholar of Networks Clusters from Trinity Term 2012 until Hilary Term 2014.

I obtained my Ph.D. in Economics in September 2011 in Jena, Germany, for my work on Systemic Risk in Interbank Markets. I am currently an Emerging Markets Lecturer at the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business, after being a Research Economist in Banking Supervision and Regulation at the Deutsche Bundesbank in Frankfurt (July 2012 - June 2013) and a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Interdisciplinary Group of Complex Systems within the Mathematics Department at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain. I was a consultant for a number of central banks, including the Banque de France, the South African Reserve Bank, the Bank of Uganda and the Banco Central do Brazil, working on the application of network analysis to assess financial stability. My research links with this cluster's research through the question of how risks travel in networks, and how network structure may influence risk management strategies. Recently, my papers have been published in the Journal of Banking and Finance and a special focus issue of Nature Physics.

I will be visiting Oxford on a regular basis, adding up to two or three months next year.

More information about my work can be found at: http://www.co-georg.de