Professor European Archaeology
I am a Professorial Fellow in European Archaeology. I teach students in the Archaeology and Anthropology degree and supervise graduate students within the College.
- Human links with the material world, the long term history of creativity, intelligence, the emotions, and aesthetics;
- the archaeology of colonisation in the recent past, as well as in older periods such as the setting up of the Roman empire;
- late Prehistoric periods in Europe from the late Bronze Age to AD 400. Celtic art and other aspects of material culture;
- issues of identity, especially what it means to be English;
- the history of museums, their collections, archaeology and anthropology as disciplines.
I am interested in general world archaeology.